Intrepid has released its first 18 to 29s brochure, offering socially conscious millennials the chance to get way off-the-beaten-path with more than 80 travel experiences from flying high in Turkey to camping around Iceland and island-hopping in Croatia.
Brett Mitchell, Regional Director for Asia Pacific at Intrepid Travel, said the new range was created in response to feedback from young customers, who told the company that they wanted to travel responsibly with like-minded people their own age.
“Young travellers want to have authentic, immersive experiences with their peers. These tours are for travellers who don’t want to backpack in large dorm rooms or booze it up but instead, want to break down cross-cultural barriers and make a positive impact on the local communities they visit,” Mitchell said.
For every booking, Intrepid will make a donation to Friends-International, a leading social enterprise saving lives and building futures for marginalised young people around the world.
“The next generation of travellers has the power to make the biggest difference in the world so we are thrilled to give them the opportunity to see the world the Intrepid way,” Mitchell said.
“In usual Intrepid style, the small group tours include all the local elements, from leaders to transport, so our young travellers can do things their way, inspired by a local, and have the spontaneous moments that makes travel so addictive,” Mitchell added.
With a focus on sustainable, immersive local experiences, the new tours have been created especially for the next generation of responsible travellers who want to make a difference and connect with their fellow guests, while discovering new places and cultures.
Because millennials want big-time experiences without a big-time price tag, the 18 to 29s trips are priced at the same level as Intrepid’s Basix range, with tours starting from $390* for a five day tour of Cappadocia.$99 deposits are available on all 18 to 29s tours.
Highlights of Intrepid’s 18 to 29s brochure include:
- One week Split to Dubrovnik Sailing trip– An eight day adventure aboard a private yacht hopping from the island of Vis to the magical blue grotto of Cave Bisevo and the untouched forests of Mljet, an island yet to be overrun by busloads of tourists
- One Week Camping in Iceland– Proving there’s a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork), this seven-day tour takes travellers to the tongue of Europe’s biggest glacier, to the massive walls of ice in Skaftafell National Park, into the epic wilderness of Thorsmork National Park and back to Reykjavik for some party vibes
- Essential Russia– A nine-day tour that includes the majestic Kremlin Palace, stunning St. Petersburg and the artsy Nikola-Lenivets Park, where you can have a spa with locals
- Real Santiago de Cuba Carnival–On this 12-day tour, travellers can conga like the Cubans at carnival time in Santiago de Cuba, find out who that guy on the t-shirt is at Che Guevara’s museum and mausoleum, chill out in Trinidad and enjoy a mojito in Havana
- Real Mexico – This 15-day tour takes in some of the many churches in Puebla, the best mezcal around in Oaxaca and finishes with some snorkelling and swimming at Playa del Carmen
- Real Turkey– A 15-day round-trip tour from Istanbul to rocky sites, a rural village at the edge of a canyon overlooking the Mediterranean and the jaw-dropping sights from a hot air balloon at Cappadocia.
For more information or to book visit:
*subject to availability, conditions apply