Welcomes the Year of the Pig with a Series of Auspicious Experiences
With Chinese lanterns and fragrant flowers turning the lobby into one of the most picturesque places in town, the hotel will enhance the celebratory ambiance with a host of Chinese New Year festivities. The God of Wealth will make an appearance, sharing lucky Lai See packets with guests throughout the hotel. Celebrations continue with Chinese knots, dragon beard candies and flour dolls given as souvenirs to take home. Highlights of the fun-filled entertainment include a traditional lion dance performance and an eye-dotting ceremony that will create an experience to be remembered for years.
|A Visit by the God of Wealth
Throughout the hotel
5 – 6 February 2019,
12pm to 2pm, 7pm to 9pm
The Traditional Lion Dance and
Hotel lobby, 8 February 2019, 12pm
5 February 2019, 3pm to 5pm
Dragon Beard Candies
6 February 2019, 3pm to 5pm
7 February 2019, 3pm to 5pm
On 6 February 2019, the city commemorates Chinese New Year with an amazing fireworks display over Victoria Harbour where the best views can be seen from one of the hotel’s Harbour View Rooms and Suites, or dining at any of the hotel’s outstanding restaurants.
Luxury Breaks Room Package
Join the Fans of M.O. recognition programme and ring in Chinese New Year with the Luxury Breaks room package for a city getaway. Positioned in the heart of Hong Kong alongside the Central Harbourfront, guests will stay in supreme comfort with views of Victoria Harbour or the city’s skyline and be within walking distance to the finest shopping, entertainment, dining, cultural and historical landmarks. The package offer entitles guests to a daily dining or spa credit of HKD 500 per room or HKD 1,000 per suite. Fans of M.O. members can choose two additional privileges from the list of exclusive offers including:
- Early check-in at 12 p.m.
- Late check-out at 4 p.m.
- Daily breakfast for two people at Café Causette or Clipper Lounge
- An additional dining or spa credit of HKD 390 per stay
- Upgrade room-to-room or suite-to-suite to the next category upon arrival
- A special welcome amenity
- Streaming WiFi internet access applicable up to six devices
- A complimentary pressing service
Available throughout 2019 and for a minimum stay of two nights, the packages rate starts from HKD 4,000 per room per night and subject to a 10% service charge andupon availability.
Chinese New Year Celebratory Dining
Situated on the 25th floor of the hotel, two-Michelin-starred Pierre restaurant commemorates the holiday with a six-course dinner tasting menu on 6 February 2019. Guests will have fantastic views of the Chinese New Year fireworks display over Victoria Harbour, while dining on celebrity Chef Pierre Gagnaire’s tantalising menu priced at HKD 2,288* per person, inclusive of a glass of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs champagne. The à la carte menu will also be available.
The stunning Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Man Wah will delight guests with dim sum and Chinese New Year specialties prepared by Executive Chinese Chef Wing-Keung Wong and his team. A festive dim sum menu and a six-course lunch tasting menu, priced at HKD 788* per person, will be offered between 5 and 7 February 2019 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. A six-course celebratory dinner menu, priced at HKD 1,988* per person, will be available on the evening of 6 February 2019. Guests will have the city’s best viewpoints of the dazzling fireworks display to ring in the Chinese New Year. There is a minimum charge of the same value per person for guests who order from the à la carte menu.
For those who enjoy grill specialties, the much-loved Michelin-starred Mandarin Grill + Bar will serve its à la carte menu throughout Chinese New Year.
There is no better place for family get-togethers than Clipper Lounge this holiday. Available for brunch and dinner from 5 until 7 February 2019, the Chinese New Year-themed buffet will be priced at HKD 888* per adult and HKD 528* per child, with options of free-flow Moët & Chandon Brut champagne at an additional HKD 360* per person or free-flow non-alcoholic beverages at an additional HKD 128* per person. On 6 February 2019, there will be an additional cost of HKD 110* per adult for the dinner buffet.
The hotel’s popular family restaurant, Café Causette, will remain open throughout the week of Chinese New Year to offer diners an extensive à la carte menu with specialty dishes.
Perched on the 25th floor of the hotel, M bar is the ideal place to admire the fireworks over Victoria Harbour on 6 February 2019 while enjoying a creation from the “Journey to the West” cocktail menu.
Guests who prefer to celebrate at home can indulge in The Mandarin Cake Shop’s tempting range of festive delicacies and exclusive hampers that are also perfect for gift giving. Making it easier, orders can be done through the online website to be picked up or delivered anywhere in the city.
Festive Spa and Beauty Treatments
For the entire month of February 2019, look good and feel great by booking a holiday treatment at The Mandarin Spa, Salon or Barber.
- Enjoy the Pure Indulgence package that offers couples any 90-minute treatment in one of two luxurious spa suites at The Mandarin Spa. It also includes a 30-minute relaxation time to enjoy the facilities within the suite, two glasses of champagne served with homemade chocolates and strawberries, as well as a keepsake to take home. The package is priced from HKD 2,075* per person.
- Celebrate the season with a Glamorously Red Manicure and Pedicure at The Mandarin Salon. Sit back, relax and sip on a cocktail during the 45-minute manicure and 60-minute pedicure. The package is priced at HKD 910 per person, which includes a gift.
- Look good by booking a Shampoo and Blow Dry and receive a complimentary 20-minute Hair and Scalp Treatment at The Mandarin Salon. Priced at HKD 680 per person.
- Get pampered at The Mandarin Barber with a 60-minute Truefitt & Hill Facial for a refreshed look. Priced at HKD 1,000 per person, guests will receive a complimentary eye treatment and a special gift to take home.