This summer, Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant Ming Court unveils a seasonal menu with Hong Kong locally-sourced ingredients, available from now until 30th September.
As an urban city, Hong Kong imports most of its food. To support local communities and promote sustainable dining concept, Executive Chef Li Yuet Faat has sourced the best quality locally-grown products to craft a series of summer delicacies for guests to savour the freshness and inherent flavours from local ingredients.
Highlighted dishes with locally-grown vegetables include:
- Crab meat, Shrimp, Scallop, Roasted Goose Meat, Xuanwei Ham , Shiitake Mushroom, Loofah, Winter Melon Soup, Double-boiled (using organic winter melon grown in Fanling) HK$628
- Chinese Amaranth, Fresh Chinese Yam, Fish Broth, Simmered (using Chinese Amaranth grown in Tai Po) HK$228
- Fuzzy Melon, Conpoy, Prawn Paste, Braised (using fuzzy melon grown in Tai Po) HK$268
Highlighted dishes with locally-grown mushrooms include:
- Fresh Lingzhi Mushroom Soup, Fish Maw, Silkie Chicken, Double-boiled (using Lingzhi mushroom grown in Tai Po) HK$238 per person
- Organic Pink Oyster Mushroom, Scallop, Asparagus, Sautéed (using organic pink oyster mushroom grown in Tai Po) HK$438
Highlighted dishes with locally-farmed poultry and fish include:
- Three Mushrooms, Six Fungi, Barley, Chicken, Roasted (using locally-farmed Kamei chicken) HK$298 (half), HK$568 (whole)
- Croaker, Kowloon Supreme Soy Sauce, Pan-Seared (using croaker locally-farmed in Sai Kung) HK$398
- Local Soft Shell Lobster, Salted Egg York, Oat Crusted, Fried (using soft shell lobster locally-farmed in Sai Kung) HK$568
In addition to the seasonal menu, Ming Court has joined hands with Green Monday and created a series of special vegetarian and vegan dishes with Omnipork, Gardein Chicken, Beyond Burger and Beyond Sausage. Highlights include Beyond Burger, Basil, Fresh Peppercorn, Onion, Bell Pepper, Wok-Fried (HK$238), Fried Rice, Beyond Sausage, Salted Lemon, Black Olive (HK$238), Omnipork Pork Bun, Preserved Vegetable, Steamed (HK$68/3 pieces). A vegetarian dinner set menu (HK$788 per person) is also available for those who enjoy the house specialties.
Reservations can be made at +852 3552 3028 or on email@example.com. All prices are subject to a 10% service charge.