The Brand Continues Its Commitment to a More Sustainable Future
Moroccanoil, a global haircare and beauty brand inspired by the Mediterranean, is proud to announce a partnership with Oceana, the largest international advocacy organization focused solely on ocean conservation. Starting on World Oceans Day (June 8th), Moroccanoil’s support will allow Oceana to continue advancing science-based, policy campaigns that will help protect and restore our oceans to their former levels of abundance.
The Moroccanoil sustainability platform is focused on three key areas: improving packaging, responsible manufacturing, and supporting our communities through meaningful partnerships. In addition to the brand’s new initiatives, Moroccanoil is dedicated to continuing the implementation of positive practices, including those introduced in previous years:
- The brand’s best-selling Moroccanoil Treatment is sold in glass bottles that contain up to 40% recycled glass and are 100% recyclable.
- Moroccanoil has been a partner of the Humane Society of the United States since 2011. We are actively committed to not testing any of our products on animals, and we never commission third parties to do so on our behalf.
- Since 2018, Moroccanoil has been a trusted partner of Green Circle Salons, an organization that aims to recycle and repurpose up to 95% of beauty waste at hair salons.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by utilizing solar power at the primary Moroccanoil factory. Since the launch of the brand, this has prevented approximately 80 tons of CO2eq per year in GHG emissions.
- To reduce consumption of single-use plastic, all e-commerce orders are packed with recyclable paper instead of plastic bubble wrap, which has eliminated the use of over 31 tons of plastic since 2018.
- Secondary packaging is being removed from many of our products, including Moroccanoil Scalp Treatments, which are now sold in shipper cartons made of 60% post-consumer recycled paper. Color Depositing Masks and Blonde Perfecting Purple Shampoo are sold in tubes made from 50% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Moroccanoil Body™ Soap transitioned from a glossy box to a 100% post-consumer recycled paper wrapper. This prevented over 17,000 lbs of cardboard waste in just the first six months after launch in 2019.
For more information on the Moroccanoil partnership with Oceana and the brand’s other sustainability commitments, please visit Moroccanoil.com.